Sunday, August 14, 2011

Death Pool- Rechlorinated

So who had Winehouse? The guy from Warrant or Jeff Conaway? Shit, Sherwood Schwartz? Looking back at my old deathpool post, I definitely was not hip to the current trend in celeb death, drugs(except Schwartz, I believe he was mauled by his pet giant squid. Damn Hollywood eccentrics). The people I picked last time were all ridiculously old, and still ridiculously among the living. So it looks like I better pick some new ones...

Going with the trend of troubled musicians, I select DMX. He is constantly in and out of jail, reportedly doing either crack or meth and all around batshit crazy. I'm pretty confident in this one.

As for ex therapy recipients of Dr. Drew, I select Amy Fisher. Not really known for drug use or DUI's, she may seem a longshot. But her troubled past and general scuzziness make her a 30% safe bet on kicking the Long Island Lolita Iced Tea bucket within the next six months.

Now I still have to go with my oldie moldies. But it needs to be someone more obscure who you don't see so much anymore. Doris Roberts and Jerry Stiller, you're right out. No, I think the proper pick would be Tommy Lasorda, former manager of the Dodgers. All those years of pounding Slim Fast have to finally catch up with him. Expect him to go sometime before the fall classic so that the whole series can be ruined by memorials and sappy black arm bands.

There should be a televised death pool fantasy league. Like how they show poker on every station after two in the morning. More interesting than poker, less fruity than fantasy football.

No comments:

Post a Comment