Monday, April 18, 2011

Disney Deaths


Disney deaths are a phenomenon I first heard of on the Opie and Anthony radio show. They are the reputed rash of amusement park ride related maimings and deaths that result from riding one of the poorly maintained and undersupervised attractions at Disneyland or Disney World. They are covered up by Disney and according to them, never happened. But, believe me, when I plopped into my seat for Space Mountain out in Anaheim, they were most definitely on my mind. I cowered in fear to avoid decapitation as the rattletrap coaster lurched forward into certain death. As you can clearly tell, I somehow survived.


That is not to say, however, that scores of other poor unsuspecting tourists have not met their untimely ends to the strains of "It's a Small World After All" while wearing a fanny pack full of Disney brand ketchup packets. Happiest place on earth? I think not, Uncle Walt. Too bad not one of the litany of superbowl winning quarterbacks who immediately vow to go to Disneyland upon becoming champions has met this fate. God knows we don't need any more of them becoming worthless broadcasters after they retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment